As I sit here in the Brasilia Airport eagerly awaiting my flight to the Brazilian wetlands of Pantanal, I’m happy to finally officially announce a very big project.
Over the next three months I will be partnering with the National Tourism Board of Brazil to travel across Brazil and document my adventures on their new blog (launching at the end of May).
I will be exploring 13 Brazilian cities across many different regions from North to South.
Along with writing for their blog, I will also be shooting a video at each location to share on my YouTube channel and I’ll sharing photos from my adventures on the T2T Instagram page as well as here at Tourist 2 Townie.
This is the first half of my tentative schedule for the big trip and a few things I’m most looking forward to at each place.
- Brasilia – I spent the last four days in the capital city of Brazil and I love it here. Buzz Lightyear would be proud of the architecture, Anthony Bourdain would be proud of how much I ate and T-Pain would be happy to know that I spent a lot of time on a boat.
- Pantanal – I’m about to board my flight to Campo Grande, which will be the launch point for a three-day tour into the Brazilian Wetlands to hopefully encounter some amazing wildlife.
- Porto Alegre – The southern city of Brazil is known for its European culture and close proximity to the Brazilian wine region.
- Florianopolis – I’ll be heading to “Floripa” to meet up with friends from Rio for a wild weekend of fun and adventure.
- Curitiba – I honestly have no idea what to expect here.
- Sao Paulo – South America’s largest city gets many mixed reviews but I heard the food and nightlife are not to be missed, so, I won’t.
- Belo Horizonte – Like Curitiba, I know nothing about Belo Horizonte and I’m excited about that.
From Belo Horizonte I will return to Rio de Janeiro for a few days before making my way up north for the second leg of my trip.
Okay, they’re calling my section it’s time to board. In the meantime, I would really appreciate your help on a few things…
First, if you have any advice on any of the listed locations, please don’t hesitate to leave a comment or contact me directly.
As a bonus, you can also check out and subscribe to the T2T Behind the Scenes YouTube Channel for quickies and outtakes.
Here we goooooo!