Your health and well being is the absolute last thing you want to worry about when you are sailing through the Mediterranean or immersed in Carnaval in Rio de Janeiro.
I currently have the Professional Travel Program Policy with Allianz Travel Insurance, and here’s the 5 things that I researched before finalizing my plan.
5 Things to Look for in Travel Insurance
- Trip Cancellation – This is probably the most likely of the five things, so make sure you are covered.
- Emergency Medical – I need this for those Mt Everest Base Camp treks and sleeping in the Brazilian Amazon.
- Baggage Loss/Damage – I carry a ton of camera equipment and everything I own is in these bags.
- Change Fee Coverage – Many airlines charge fees when plans change, and my plans always change, so I need this.
- 24-Hr Hotline Assistance Plus – Having a person to talk to on the other end of your policy is priceless.
Disclaimer: I have partnered with and receive financial compensation from Allianz Global Assistance. However, everything written in this post is from and based upon my own annual policy.