Travel insurance can be a confusing and frustrating process, but boy is it worth it. I don’t need to explain how important peace-of-mind is when you’re traveling around the world.
Your health and well being is the absolute last thing you want to worry about when you are sailing through the Mediterranean or immersed in Carnaval in Rio de Janeiro.
I currently have the Professional Travel Program Policy with Allianz Travel Insurance, and here’s the 5 things that I researched before finalizing my plan.
5 Things to Look for in Travel Insurance
- Trip Cancellation – This is probably the most likely of the five things, so make sure you are covered.
- Emergency Medical – I need this for those Mt Everest Base Camp treks and sleeping in the Brazilian Amazon.
- Baggage Loss/Damage – I carry a ton of camera equipment and everything I own is in these bags.
- Change Fee Coverage – Many airlines charge fees when plans change, and my plans always change, so I need this.
- 24-Hr Hotline Assistance Plus – Having a person to talk to on the other end of your policy is priceless.
Disclaimer: I have partnered with and receive financial compensation from Allianz Global Assistance. However, everything written in this post is from and based upon my own annual policy.