Around the Web
FEATURES & GUEST POSTS
- My TLC inspired guest post A Day Adventure in Iguazu Falls, Argentina was featured on Viator Travel.
- I did a video explanation about me “trying to get my own seat at the bar” for BBC Blogworld’s feature Travel blogs x 2.
- Honored to be mentioned in Wandering Trader’s People Doing Awesome Things Right Now round-up.
- I broke down my plan of attack on How To Find Apartments in Colombia: Advice From Travel Bloggers over at South American Tourist.
- Never Ending Voyage mentioned my Budget Vacation to Florida on their 5th edition of the Gen Y Travel Blog Carnival
- Lonely Planet featured Photo: Essay: A Colombian Finca on their Blogs We Like section of Colombia.
- Dangerous Business featured “8 Ways to Fake it ’til You Make it” on her Best Blogs of the Week Feature.
- Wandering Trader mentions my Buenos Aires exploits in his around the world planning What I’m most excited about living in South America.
- My traveling habits were used as an example in Never Ending Voyage‘s Travel as Pleasure and How To Avoid It.
- Viator Travel didn’t learn their lesson the first time and allowed me to guest post A Great Tour Recipe: Valparaiso and Viña del Mar
- If I had a Castle… was also featured on Lonely Planet‘s Blogs We Like Colombia.
- The Traveling Canucks include me in their yearly round up of 25 Epic Travel Blogger Adventures.
- I volunteered as a Kiva Fellow in Guatemala and wrote a number of pieces on their blog under the Guatemala section.
- Erin and Simon included my thoughts on their 21 Tips to Travel in Style on a Budget.
BIOS & INTERVIEWS
- I talk Polo in Buenos Aires and To-Do Lists in Colombia with Jeff from Career Break Secrets in his interview feature Who’s Out There Now?
- Those party animals from the Buenos Aires Pub Crawl crew allowed me to Set it Off on their boozed up blog.
- Stephanie from Little Colombia Observationist asked about my life in Medellin, Colombia in her feature Expats in Colombia
- I tell Plif about my worst travel moment and the people I’d love to travel with dead or alive in his “Meet the Nomads” feature at Flip Nomad.
- National RV Parks asked all about transportation and road trips in this attempt-to-drive-more-traffic interview.
- TripFilms asks all about video production in their “Behind the Lens” feature.
- Amanda sits me down and asks what I can’t travel without in my installment of the Thursday Traveler over at A Dangerous Business.
- Friend and fellow travel video blogger, Cailin of Travel Yourself, puts me on the hot seat about my travel video style.
- The CAPA International Education Blog asks me about my Study Abroad experience in London and how it changed my life in their CAPA Alum Interview.
AWARDS & RECOGNITION
- Featured on Go! Overseas as the #3 Top Blog in Argentina
- Tourist2Townie.com was Voted #22 of the Top 100 International Exchange & Experience Blogs 2010 sponsored by IX10, bab.la and Lexiophiles.
- The tag-team duo over at Never Ending Voyage had the nerve to say that I was one of The Best Latin America Travel Blogs.
- Tripbase awarded Tourist2Townie.com as one of the Best North-South America Blogs of 2011.
- The South America Tourist voted Tourist2Townie.com as one of the Top 20 South America Travel Blogs.
- If I write more than I video, Brendan likes to include me on the Top 100 Travel Blogs list based on web stats.
- T2T is also a regular on Samuel’s Top 100 Travel Blog list, based on web stats.
- The Huffington Post thought you should check out Tourist2Townie.com as one of the Top Travel Blogs to Discover this Summer.
- T2T received one of CAPA‘s Top Blog Awards of 2013 thanks to keeping it real with locals for three years and running.
- Named one of eCollegeFinder’s Top Travel Blogs along with many other friends.
*Update March 1, 2013*