As a traveler, the last thing I want to worry about is filing an insurance claim. Whether it be personal injury, stolen belongings or transit issues, the idea of stopping my adventures for a claim process is stressful.
In order to improve the claims filing process, Allianz Global Assistance USA, a leading travel insurance provider, has rolled out a suite of innovations and improvements to make filing a travel insurance claim and receiving payment faster and easier.
5 Ways the new TravelSmart App is changing the Travel Insurance game:
- Redesigned claim forms that are easier to understand and use, the option of selecting a direct deposit payment to the customer’s checking account, and the ability to use the company’s TravelSmart mobile app to file and track claims.
- Now when a customer files a claim, they can select preferred payment method including direct deposit or receiving a check by mail. A debit card deposit option will be available in May. Selecting the direct deposit option reduces the time it takes to receive payment to as little as 1 or 2 days. Currently about one-third of Allianz customers are choosing the direct deposit payment option when they file their claim.
- The company has made the claims forms more intuitive with an easier to understand look and feel. The redesign should help customers complete the requested information faster, more accurately and with fewer questions. The redesign should also help consumers avoid payment delays caused by incomplete claim forms.
- File travel insurance claims a number of ways, including on the company’s AllianzTravelInsurance.com website using any device, through paper forms or now through the company’s TravelSmart mobile app. The TravelSmart app now includes a “Claims” button that can be used to file and track claims.
- File claims on mobile devices using easier to understand forms and selecting direct deposit should significantly reduce the time spent filing a claim and waiting for payment. Some customers may receive payment within 48 hours of filing a claim.
Thanks to these innovations by Allianz Travel Insurance, it is now easier than ever to file a claim, and I don’t have to constantly worry about the possibility of this happening while I’m out exploring the world. For this, I am happy to be an ambassador!
Disclaimer: I have partnered with and receive financial compensation from Allianz Global Assistance. However, everything written in this post is from and based upon my own annual policy.