Whether you’re learning how to scuba dive at the Great Barrier Reef, or climbing to Mt. Everest Base Camp, travel insurance, and which policy to choose is one of the most important aspects of my trip. It also happens to be one of the most frequently asked questions I receive.
In an effort to make travel insurance easier to understand for my readers, here is exactly what is in my travel insurance policy from my travel insurance partner Allianz Travel Insurance.
What’s in my Travel Insurance Policy:
For $129 for the year, these are the benefits and coverage in my travel insurance policy:
– $1,000 Trip Cancellation: Things happen, plans change, and trips costs a lot of money to prepare; especially flights. Thankfully, Allianz covers $1,000 of that expense (which usually covers most of the flight).
– $1,000 Trip Interruption: An added safety net when plans don’t go… as planned.
– $10,000 Emergency Medical/Dental Coverage: I knocked my tooth out when I was in the 8th grade and needed emergency dental on Thanksgiving day. Luckily, knock on wood, I haven’t had to do that since, but the $10k coverage is great to have!
– $20,000 Emergency Medical Transportation: For most, a helicopter airlift out of a remote location isn’t at the top of their concerns. When you’re traveling however, hikes to Machu Picchu, treks through Bhutan, adventures in The Philippines… it’s important to know you have some aerial emergency support.
– $500 Baggage Loss/Damage: I travel with a ton of camera gear, so this is somewhat reassuring. I still need extra technology insurance however, because this doesn’t cover everything.
– $100 Baggage Delay: Two years ago my baggage was delayed for a conference and I had to go out and buy brand new clothes for the following day’s events. $100 covered that unwanted expense.
– $300 Travel Delay: This covers the cost of a hotel for one/two nights when flights are delayed.
– $25,000 Travel Accident Coverage: Make sure you check on this policy as the most likely scenario where you would use this would be for a rental car. I believe you would need to decline all rental car insurance in order for this to take into effect.
– 24-Hr Hotline Assistance & Concierge Services Included: Great to be able to speak with real people!
I hope this little breakdown shows you exactly what is included in my Travel Insurance Policy, and if you have any questions, please do not hesitate to email me directly.
There are a lot of questions when it comes to travel insurance policies, so please be sure to contact Allianz directly if you are in need of something specific.
Otherwise, Happy Travels!
Disclaimer: I have partnered with and receive financial compensation from Allianz Global Assistance. However, everything written in this post is from and based upon my own annual policy.